Thing 7: Audio Tools



Audio tools are one of my favorite tools for my elementary students. They bridge our students who struggle with reading and writing and give them tools that allow them to be heard. For so many years these students have not been heard because they were unable to communicate in the tradition manner in an educational atmosphere. Since making flipgrid and voice typing regular tools in my classroom, all of my students have a voice. I see students who rarely had an answer or rarely spoke in class speaking and having very interesting opinions when allowed to express what they know with out being held back by what they don't know- perhaps spelling, handwriting, a faster learning process that writing requires. 

I tried all of the links provided. Flipgrid and Google voice typing will probably remain my favorite tools for my classroom. I enjoyed many of the other tools for myself personally and professionally. I would like to use Spreaker in the future to allow my students to record podcasts. This would be a wonderful experience for students to explore a job field for the future that they may never considered. It will also be another opportunity to reinforce that their voices are important.

For the purpose of this unit, I choose to record with Speakpipe. Below is the link to my recording that I will use for an Olympic project I am doing with my students in the next couple of weeks. Enjoy !!




I feel audio tools will be a big part of the future of education for both student production and teacher instruction. It opens up a whole new world of self paced education.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 1: Blogging

Thing 3: Twitter and Other Online Communities

Thing 5 : Presentation Tools